Paralegal Bill
Paralegal Bill, Paralegal
Experience:  15 years of business, employment and legal practice experience and education.
3082840

Hourly employee when office is closed do we have to pay them

Our office is closed for 3 days one of is the holiday. This is an hourly employee do we have to pay them for 2 days that we close office.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Paralegal Bill replied 8 years ago.

Unless you have a written policy that states otherwise, you are not required under law to pay an hourly employee for an hour they do not work (including days you decide to close and therefore they are not on the schedule). Many companies choose to pay their hourly employees their 8 hours for days the companies are closed as a way to thank and reward employees by the law does not require you to do this.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.