GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I can open email on my main computer my phone and iPad but

Customer Question

i can open email on my main computer my phone and iPad but NOT on my mac air laptop!!!! - i have tried many times. I even turned off my laptop and restarted. I can get to yahoo but when i click on mail the i can see that the white space at the top doesn't hold the address - and then i get a message that says safari cannot open the page.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: the as
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: for the last 30 minutes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turn off machine and turn back on - and why is there a problem with only one device - never happened before
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 days ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Let's try clearing your history, cache and cookies in Safari:

1. Click on Safari and then on Preferences.
  2. Select Privacy and then click Manage Website Data.
  3. Select Remove All and then in the small popup, selection Remove Now.

If that doesn't work for you, please let me know what version of the Mac OS you have on your computer. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 days ago.

Once I know the exact version of your Mac Operating System I can provide detailed instructions for your version on clearing the history, cache and cookies in Safari. If we still have a problem after doing that, I'll need you to test to see if you are able to open other websites. If you're not, we'll need to take a look at your internet connection.

If clearing the history, cache and cookies in Safari does work for you, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!