Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I need help recovering emails that was deleted & emptied

Customer Question

I need help recovering emails that was deleted & emptied from my trash.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone mostly
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not too sure whatyou mean
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am wondering if emails that were deleted an emptied from the gmail can be recovered?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This will depend.

How long ago did you delete those emails?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would say a week ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I emptied my trash then i nothing is in my trash on the gmail account. I need help recovering
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did not realize i would need them now.

Ok, you will have to move fast.

I will send instructions in just a moment.

Google keeps trashed emails for some more time even after the Trash is cleared. Therefore, you can contact Google Mail support and request them to help you find missing emails. Google has provided an online form to receive such requests. Follow the steps given below:

Log into your Gmail account.

Go to the missing emails support page.

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails

You will get a small form to submit. As you have already logged into your Gmail account, the form will automatically recognize that you want to recover deleted emails from that particular account.

Mention the date when you first noticed that your emails have gone missing.

Provide a brief description of the problem and steps to reproduce the problem. Here you just need to briefly explain what happened. For example, you deleted emails from inbox or your deleted the emails from Trash as well or you did not intentionally delete emails but somehow they have disappeared.

Click Submit button

Soon (mostly within half an hour) you will get an email from *****@******.***. The email will tell you whether Google was able to recover your emails or not. Please note that you should not reply to this email as it comes from an automated system. A reply will not be read by anyone.

This will get you going. You shouldnt have an issue but do this NOW. Right now if you can.

That seven day mark is not your friend. The longer you wait, the more likely they wont be recovered.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin