Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to use the password I have to get into my

Customer Question

I am unable to use the password ***** have to get into my emails, utube and facebook accounts
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Yahoo.com
JA: How long has this been going on with your Yahoo account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Its be several months now and I've asked other people to try to fix it and the are unable to do so. Usuallly on my facebook , my gsons comes up when I click on it and I'm unable to get to mine
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I jus want to be able to use my passwords and log on to my accounts. To say I am frustrated is a understatement
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is your email address ending with @yahoo.com?

Also, are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My email address ends in @yahoo.com
I am using Windows 10 upgrade
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I prefer no to allow you to do this
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Ok no problem, we can continue in this chat mode then.

Now, what web browser are you using to access your Yahoo email account? Internet Explorer? Edge? Chrome? Firefox? or others?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for that information. You mentioned of 2 problems. First is accessing your Yahoo email. Second is accessing your Facebook. Are you using your Yahoo email as your username for your Facebook?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think so
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Ok. Please tell me your full Yahoo email address so that I can check its status and recovery options.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you. So you were saying that the password ***** used for this account for a long time is suddenly no longer working?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Ok. Please give me a moment to check the account status for you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

I checked your account recovery and unfortunately, you added the SAME Yahoo account as the recovery email. It means that, when you are UNABLE to access the email account, Yahoo will send a CODE to the SAME account that you are UNABLE to access. That is a real problem. Once we recover this account, you need to fix that.

Now, do you still have access to your alternate email address on file that ends in @taylor.k12.fl.us?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
that is my spouse's email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for that confirmation. Please tell me the full email address then so that I can initiate the reset.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Oh, you missed my last post. I was asking for the alternate email address ON FILE, and it ends in @taylor.k12.fl.us. Do you still have access to that email account?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That is no longer valid.....that was my work email and I have been retired for several years now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Can you please tell me the FULL email address then, the one ending in @taylor.k12.fl.us?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
delmapaulktaylor.k12.fl.us It has probably been deleted as I am retired now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, because you are no longer able to access the 2 recovery email address ON FILE, your Yahoo Mail account is non-recoverable. Your only option to regain access to your Yahoo email is by remembering the actual password ***** used. If you changed the password ***** please try to remember that NEW password ***** created.

Can you please tell me what exactly is the password ***** used or tried to use to login to your Yahoo email?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
whplsh65
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, that password ***** ***** and due to lack of updated recovery information (it means an accessible recovery email or mobile phone) your Yahoo email cannot be recovered.

I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but unfortunately, I hate to be the bearer of this bad news to you. I just tried my best to recover your account but because the recovery information ON FILE are all inaccessible, the account cannot be recovered. The only way to recover the account if the password ***** ***** or rejected is through the reset and recovery procedures which I just did but failed since Yahoo cannot send verification codes to your outdated recovery information.

Now, regarding your Facebook account that you want to access, since your son's Facebook account automatically comes up when you go to Facebook.com, you need to first SIGN OUT his account so that you can LOG IN to your Facebook account. The SIGN OUT button is found when you click on the small down-arrow button found at the top right corner of his Facebook page. Clicking on that small down-arrow, a pull down menu will appear, and SIGN OUT is at the bottom. After logging OUT from his Facebook account, you can then LOG IN to your own account.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess