Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I am following instructions on shifting email on my iphone

Customer Question

i am following instructions on shifting email on my iphone from Verizon.net to aol., retaining the verizon.net address. On the Settings page, I am asked for my password. I've tried my Verizon password ***** my aol. password. Not clear which is wanted but neither seems to work.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: I've had the AOL. account for a few days only and have no difficulty getting into the AOL. app. But it's the email transfer from Verizon that is giving me dificulty.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Mostly on my phone but sometimes on my ipad or my desktop and recently thru the FIOS app.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was in touch with Verizon, which told me to switch to AOL. I found the explanation from AOL. help on how to make the shift and have followed that.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. For some unknown reason--i.e., unknown to Verizon--I have periodically had access to my Apple email app refused on grounds that my password (of ID) is faulty. I've had to change my Verizon password ***** or more times in recent weeks. However, I've been able to go to the Verizon site (FIOS or MyVerizon) and read my emails there. I spent an hour with an Apple technician before concluding that the fault lay with Verizon, not with the Apple email client.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

The easiest way to fix this issue would be to delete the email address from your iPhone then add it back instead of trying to change the settings.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've done that with a Verizon specialist to no avail. But even if I were able to resolve the Verizon access problem, that still wouldn't deal with the transition to AOL.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What do you propose to fix? The Verizon problem? The AOL problem? Both?
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

If you transition your email to AOL then you would use the AOL settings to setup your email on your iPhone

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I tried your suggestion. No dice.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What exactly would you fix. I've worked with tech people at Verizon and they haven't been able to fix it. I've followed instructions provided by AOL., and those instructions haven't helped. If you can fix BOTH my Apple email access to Verizon.net AND transfer the Verizon.net account to AOL., then it's certainly worth $39. But if you can't do it, do I get the $39 back and bring in my IT expert who WILL fix it, even if he has to invent the solution but it will cost me considerably more than $39. Cheaper isn't necessarily better.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Did you already sign into AOL with your Verizon email so that the transfer begins to AOL?