Jay D
Jay D, Email Support Engineer
Experience:  Business Owner at LCS
46389206

WorThe password I have been using for months - you would

Customer Question

worThe password ***** have been using for months - you would notd I have
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: accept. I put in a new password ***** now you will not accept it as well I signed up to enter my gmail via I pad - trouble ever since Could you cancel my I pad sigh in? and check out my password ***** you are not accepting it.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser? Thank you.
Customer: Through my computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried your elp desk - it did not help - it kept mentioning a 2 step verification - don't know a thing about that.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just those two items - why woun't you accept my password ***** and cancel the I Pad sighn in.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fine I will wait for you reply.
Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

so just to confirm, the problem is with the password ***** you use to sign into Gmail?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
since i signed up to sign in from my I pad as well - password ***** ***** accepted.
Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

okay have you tried the gmail password ***** process yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The password ***** have been using for months was all of the sudden - not being accepted. - I changed the password ***** the change was accepted. - The next time I was asked to sign in - it was not accepted - very flustrating to say the least.
Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

I would ask that you try resetting the password ***** again and this time make it 10 characters long use letters and numbers. It sounds like someone may have worked out the password ***** hacked the account. Please try and let me know if you can get access again to the email account. Jay

Expert:  Jay D replied 1 month ago.

please note that we are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. I do hope that I have earned a 5star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need anything further. Thanks, Jay