Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I'm having trouble accessing/logging into my old gmail

Customer Question

Hello. I'm having trouble accessing/logging into my old gmail account that I made a few years ago. I tried to go through the systems but did not put a recovery email/phone number. I can verify information on the account when I initially created the account to prove my identity.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just roughly the past month or 2. I currently have a new gmail account but history wise, there were some old emails I was interested in getting access to.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: It's a mix between web browser and iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried putting my gmail username, it'll take me through some steps like putting in my current/alternate email to put in the recovery code but even after putting in the code, it will not take me any further to get in because it can't verify my identity or does not ask questions regarding the account when i first created it
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the exact message you receive now when you try to sign in?

Thank you