Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I'd like my xls file be directed to go to Shaw mail instead

Customer Question

I'd like my xls file be directed to go to Shaw mail instead of windows Live mail (which automatically comes up when I'm trying to send an XLS file).
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Shaw
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my i-phone and my laptop. the issue right now is with my laptop. I had a problem with windows live mail and now I am using Shaw successfully.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to find the path to only using shaw instead of windows live, because windows live doesn't have my current contacts list correct.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just simple instructions please. disconnect windows live as a path and only have shaw as my server. Thx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
great.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

is Shaw an email address or email program?

It has to be set up to go to a email program by default.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
shaw is my email server and all my emails are now sent by shaw webmail. I did have windows live mail, but had too many issues and switched to shaw webmail instead. The problem is that when I want to send an .xls file, it comes up as windows live mail and I don't want that. I want shaw webmail. How do I change that?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to have to purchase extra this and extra that. I just want this simple task answered, Thx.
Then I would like to stop any further charges to my mastercard account. Thx in advance. El.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

You can't have it automatically go to webmail. It has to be an email program like Windows Live, Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird..etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Cody. I am using Shaw Webmail as my default server. Shaw is my email program.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

you're logging into your email through Chrome or Internet Explorer correct?

Windows does not send attachments there, it has to be a program installed on your computer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Cody. I must have tapped the wrong button on my laptop. Thx for emailing me back so I can continue with you. I'm logging through Chrome, I think. All my other commun ications are sent by Shaw Webmail, it's only xls that wants to keep using windows live mail. What am I doing wrong?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

You send a word attachment and it brings up an email in Chrome?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It brings it up in my Shaw email. Does that make sense? What I may have to do is get hold of Shaw and they can fix this by Remote Assistant at no charge. I've used them before for many years. Just thought I'd try google to answer my questions. Could you assure my that no more charges are added to my Mastercard that I used today to contact you? Thx. El.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

ok