James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I recently updated as instructed through email. notes

Customer Question

I recently updated as instructed through email. notes requested that I remove my live mail from outlook and then reenter it. However it will not reconnect on my email page. I also have the live mail on two Ipads and they are still working,but not on this laptop.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Only 3 days since I removed it from Outlook. I can access it by working through the website, but that is not as convenient.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: mostly on tablet, but also often on laptop, when documents require printing. I have an Outlook 2016 icon and up comes my emails listed. We have 3 different email addresses. but Live is our most uded one.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing really. Just made many tries to add the Live mail back, but it eventually stops and message is that Outlook has stopped working. It does kick straight back in though, without the Live Mail still.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wondering if I should have removed the Live mail from the tablets as well and then gone through the process of reconnection with each?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
text based chat please

I am sorry, but I am unable to solve this problem text-based without connecting to your computer, as I would need to analyze it in depth before coming to any conclusion about a possible fix - also because the issue is usually rather complex (I had it with other customers).

However, another expert might want to try it via text instead. Please let me know if I should opt out of your question and forward you to another expert, or if you´d like me to fix the problem via the proposed remote connection instead.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do not worry about it! Thanks I will keep trying through Live Mail
Expert:  Michael replied 6 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Michael , a Sr. Consultant here at JustAnswer.com. I am so sorry to hear about the issue you are having. and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered. But first please let me review the notes on your question. Thank you. I return momentarily.

Expert:  Michael replied 6 days ago.

Hi, Are you there?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am on a tablet now. May I connect in about an hour?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 days ago.

Sure, if I'm still up. Just give me a howler when ready?