Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I keep getting Mailer Daemon messages for email I didn't

Customer Question

I keep getting Mailer Daemon messages for email I didn't send despite changing my password.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Yesterday night
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: An I-Pad tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't really know how to troubleshoot but I changed my password ***** night
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

It can take up to 2 days for the messages to stop. Since the hackers spam so many emails at once, it can take a while for the issue to stop (usually 2 days)

Usually, I would offer to connect to your computer or ask that you run a virus scan on your computer but you mentioned using an iPad. Do you use a computer as well or just the iPad?

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.