James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I attempted to move a message from my Inbox to a personal

Customer Question

Hi! I attempted to move a message from my Inbox to a personal folder, but received this error: The current operation on ‘InstructionsFrom***’ did not succeed. The mail server for account***@******.*** responded: [NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: InstructionsFrom19613a96 (Failure).
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I can see the folder and its contents online, but it doesn't show up in my Thunderbird files; when I attempt to access the InstructionsFrom*** folder, the error recurs.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my desktop computer, then my laptop, and only occasionally with my smartphone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing yet. Would it work if I were to create a new folder online and -- still online -- move the contents of the folder with the error into the new folder?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm talking about Gmail; forgot to mention that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess