James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Firstly, thanks for being available to share my concern. I

Customer Question

Hi ! Firstly, thanks for being available to share my concern. I have been outrageously busy have completely detached my acl ... brace, crutches, out of the country to help my daughter organize the family as she went back to work, organized a 100th birthday for people from England and across north america, had to clean our family home to rent out due to a tax on unoccupied houses, auntie is now in a nursing home... only surviving relative to visit as others are so far away... and at her age most all her friends are dead...so you can imagine that I have very little time to read emails. I even bought a program of 2 installments for about $325 american, then went on holiday with my daughter and fam then arrived 2 days before christmas... and I go back in to see what my emails are and previous to that much more to share... so now I want to read my email , firstly deleting the obvious non starters but wanted to scan quickly through the emails... prior to that my job was changed and then the next year was difficult as it was changed again... soooo without too many excuses, I now have time to try to go into my email to find the name... BUT, NO MESSAGE FROM THE SERVER TO GO WITH IT. also, just prior to knee injury I had whip lash and a rotator cuff injury to each shoulder... sequentially... I still have to get on with life but now have a little time to catch up on my email... AND... i need your advice and help to do 4 things, help me get rid of the envelope that appears at the bottom of the page that lists the emails, the 2. on my husbands computer, he has arrows at the top and bottom of the screen to move the emails up and down my computer does not show that 3. the bar that scrolls the emails up and down is slug slow if it works 4. HOW TO RETRIEVE MY EMAILS MESSAGES THAT LIST A SENDER BUT TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT NOT RETRIEVED OR SENT TO THE SERVER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... BOT***** *****NE... THE SENDER IS LISTED...BUT NO EMAIL... IF YOU CAN HELP I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I CAN DO TO GET ALL THIS STRAIGHTENED OUT THANKS SO VERY MUCH, VICKI... the last 4 Years have been a blurr
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Hi pearl, it is an HP that I bought for my 100 year old auntie, about 4 years before her 100th birthday... she said that I could have it! I don't want to lose you ... how do I find out what system that I have , what type of computer it is specifically please advise... I am a dork not a geek (expert)
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have been using an ipad pro that our children gave us last christmas... with no acl... stairs and crutches and a brace don't work for the stand alone... now my knee is improving I come down to the basement, but, it has been essentially the ipad... from time to time my husband will use this computer to access my email for me
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The loss of the ermail content I was not aware of until yesterday evening when I took some time to delete some useless emails of things that I did not what to check into... as I kept going back in time, I noticed the email sender was listed but it contained no message. I CAN SCROLL THROUGH MY EMAILS VERY QUICKLY WITH THE IPAD... AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLY SLOW TO DO SO ON THE HP.... i TRIED TURNING THE COMPUTER OFF AND ON... NO DIFFERENCE. We had a blackout on new years eave and even getting the wifi to respond has been a challenge... it is 5-7 years old... likely old technology and maybe the outages that we have had have aged it more.. WHY CAN I SCAN LIKE LIGHTNING THROUGH THE EMAILS ON THE IPAD AND IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MOVE THE EMAILS ALONG ON THE STAND ALONE?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 1. WHY CAN'T I GET ALL MY OLD EMAILS?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. There are 2 ways that emails are accessed on a computer. Please tell me in what way or method you are accessing yours.

First method is by using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. Second way is by an email program like MS Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016, etc. (There are many email programs to list them here)

Which way you are accessing your emails?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess