Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

It has been hacked and every time I reset it - it is

Customer Question

It has been hacked and every time I reset it - it is attacked again within a couple of hours
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well at first I would just go in and change my password ***** that doesn't work
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I did set up a new account with gmail so I think I would just like to wipe out my hotmail account. Did Imention that this has been going on for a couple of years
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

So you change your gmail password, can log into gmail, and then it gets changed? How long does it take for the password ***** change?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Tim the account that has been hacked is/was my hotmail account. It generally takes about 2 hours for it to get hacked again.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I just want to know how to cancel - delete -flush -whatever the whole damn hotmail thing
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Right, i'm concerned you may have something on your system....are you using complicated passwords? And are you on Windows?