bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

Well, I seem to have changed my password and can't access my

Customer Question

Well, I seem to have changed my password ***** can't access my account. I've tried several times with codes and answering questions, and it keeps running me in circles. I already set up a new account, but I need to retrieve lots of emails in the other one. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: google
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've had codes sent to me phone and another email several times. I've answered questions but they say they can't verify who I am. The question is when did I set up the google account. Who knows that?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.
Which email service(s) are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Google
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.
If your previous accounts and new account are Google, then you may use Backup Archive feature of Google to backup each Gmail box then restore them individually to a specific account. The details are a bit complicated but this link gives the step-by-step instructions.http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/backup-restore-gmail/Hope it helps.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can't get into the email because I forgot the password
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.
I guess you must have tried resetting the password ***** Which step was failed and what were the questions that your were asked to answer?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The date when I set up the account. Who knows that
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.
Indeed, it is a tough question for most email users who try to restore their Gmail account. But I do have a few hints to help you recall the year and month (no specific date is required).For most new users, they commonly send out test messages to their existing mailboxs or notifications to family members or close friends. If you believe you did the same thing, try recalling who were the persons possibly received your email when you just signed up with Gmail, then ask them to find the first Gmail messages from their email boxes. Luckily you can work out the year and month.Some special events may also help if you signed up with Google due to the events such as relocation, school enrolment, engagement or marriage or retirement. If this is your case, try this way as well to recall the year and month.Good luck!
Expert:  bbao replied 7 days ago.

Any progress?