Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have outlook 2016 as part of office. When I print the

Customer Question

I have outlook 2016 as part of office. When I print the daily calender with to do list that contains tasks created from emails outlook restarts. When I remove these tasks problem solved. I need tasks created from email?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since Outlook 2013 and even on a notebook.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Desktop but a lot of phone using android touchdown, this is for exchange.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As above just removed those tasks, safe mode , renamed outprint, got it to print today using a Chuwi tablet running Win 10
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is this happening in your Windows computer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 10 on a Dell Desktop.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Have you tried to open MS Outlook in Safe Mode? (Not your Windows 10 is Safe Mode)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
does not work.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Ok. And have you tried to DISABLE all of your Outlook plugins or Add-ons and then test if the problem is gone?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can we get to the answer here? The problem is that when I create a task from email and try to print the daily calendar with the to dö list then Outlook just restart. It is not a problem when printing the daily calendar with daily tasks When I remove those tests there's no problem. The issue is in what is an email that is interfering with the printing of the daily calendar with a to-do list. This is also the occurred on a notebook as I am running Exchange on Windows 10. I did try to print on a tablet running Windows 10 and no problem. This problem has occurred with Outlook 2013 before I upgraded to Office 365 and now Office 365 for business.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the information. Please try to do the following if you have not done these procedures already:

1. Close MS Outlook
  2. Go to the Outlook folder in this path: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\. You can navigate to this path by pressing Windows Logo key and pressing R at the same time to open the RUN box. In the RUN box, type "ÄppData" and then press Enter. When you are redirected to the Roaming folder, navigate further to Microsoft\Outlook folder.
  3. In that folder, locate the file named "OutlPrnt"
  4. When found, rename the file to "OutlPrnt.OLD"
  5. Close the explorer windows and then open your MS Outlook.
  6. Test printing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried that now for the 3rd time and it did not work?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back. Were you able to locate the "OutlPrnt" file?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That was the third time I renamed the file, didn't work, I have tried safe mode, disabling all add ons. The only thing that works is removing the tasks created from emails. What is in the email causing the problem and how do I fix it, it has occurred on the desktop and the notebook running windows 10.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.

This time, please do the following on your Windows 10 computer:

1. Close Outlook and other MS Office programs
  2. Open Devices and Printers. This is done by searching for "Devices and Printers" in the Search box near the Start button
  3. In the list of printers, please locate the printer you are using and the click on it to select it
  4. When selected, click on Print Server Properties in the "toolbar" area above the list of devices. This toolbar area only appears when you select a printer
  5. In the Print Server Properties dialog box, click on the Advanced tab
  6. UNCHECK the option => For a local printer: Show Informational notifications for local printers".
  7. UNCHECK the option => For a network printer: Show Informational notifications for network printers".
  8. Click Apply.
  9. Click OK
  10. Close the Devices and Printers window
  11. Open Outlook and then test
  12. If the problem re-occurs, please restart the computer and then test again

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess