flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

Thunderbird, on computer through thunderbird, Have been on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: thunderbird
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on computer through thunderbird
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have been on to Commander this morning and they suggested I go to thunderbird site. I would like to know how to know how much space I have for emails and how to make our mailbox larger and we are getting the message "your mailbox is 99% full" every day and we did not have this problem in the past
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything else at present thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know which operating system you are using (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc.) ?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows 10

Thank you. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thank you.

I am sorry, but I am unable to solve this problem text-based without connecting to your computer, as I would need to analyze it in depth before coming to any conclusion about a possible fix.

However, another expert might want to try it via text instead. Please let me know if I should opt out of your question and forward you to another expert, or if you´d like me to fix the problem via the proposed remote connection instead.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Lorenz,
I wanted to get to thunderbird tech assistance and instead I arrived here. I do not want remote assistance at this stage nor co I wish to pay for a monthly subscription to Just Answer. Guess I will leave it at that for now. Thank you.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

try compacting the folders

http://ilias.ca/blog/2011/06/what-is-compacting-folders-in-thunderbird-and-why-you-should-do-it/