Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Pearl, I bought Outlook last night to do a mail merge. It

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl,
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I bought Outlook last night to do a mail merge. It didn't work. Message reads "0 of 255 tasks have completed successfully." Can you help?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I usually use my iPhone to access my Yahoo account, but the mail merge was on my desktop using iCloud and Outlook.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have no idea what to do. I'm 68 years old and virtually computer illiterate. I tried this mail merge thing for 15 hours yesterday before I bought Outlook as a last resort. When it didn't work, I didn't try anything else. I don't have a clue what to do!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I successfully mail merge a Word template using an Excel spreadsheet column to insert the appropriate First Name into email? Wait! How much is this going to cost to solve my problem?
Category: Email
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 5 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Hi

What email provider are you using with outlook?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
iCloud

Could I connect and have a look?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, please give me clear instructions on how to mail merge using Outlook. I'm not very computer literate, so please explain as though you're speaking to a 3-year-old!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The emails I attempted to merge and send last night are still in the Outbox, except for the first one which was sent successfully. There are 129 messages in my Outlook outbox.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If there are emails in the outbox then it means the merge is working but they cannot send

Can you manually send an email from outlook to yourself?