Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I can't remember my google password. When I go to the login

Customer Question

I can't remember my google password. When I go to the login page and they send me the verification code, I get a message saying that they can't verify the account belongs to me (username is ***** ***** address). When I go to create an account, they say that my e-mail address corresponds to an existing account-which it does-mine. Catch 22
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: att
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I'm going through the exercise because I want to install GPS tracking on my cell phone, because I keep leaving it on tables and counters and such
Category: Email
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you told me it would take 8 minutes for a response. that was several hours ago. what gives?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried using the Google account recovery form?

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if you had read my entire chat with whoever I talked to first you would realize that. so basically I spent $5 and waited 4 hours for nothing. tanks for the education about ask.com
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I don't see any mention of the Google account recovery form in your question - I needed to verify that you are definitely using the correct form first.

What is the exact message it replies with?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.