Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

Didn't use yahoo acct for awhile--no computer access. During

Customer Question

Didn't use yahoo acct for awhile--no computer access. During that time I changed phone and #. Can't access yahoo acct now with out phone# ***** can be verified cause I can't remember password. Can't update profile phone# ***** out getting into account. My email address linked to acct I cannot access so that cannot be verified either. And I can't open new acct cause yahoo says I already have an account This circle goes on and on and on and.... What can I do to solve this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The only way to verify ownership of your Yahoo email account is by filling out the online form.

If the number is ***** longer available, then you can try filling out the other requested information, or report the account as compromised.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What online form?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

First, go to the Sign in page for your Yahoo account, then click I don’t remember password ***** Now once you have entered the next section, you have click on the option ” I don’t remember password”. There is also an option for you to choose even if you have forgotten the Email ID (but here you are concerned only about the recovery of password, not the Email ID).

Enter your Yahoo Email ID- Now the next step is to add your valid email ID, which will lead you to the next step of recovery. Here in this step, you have to provide the valid Yahoo Email ID which you have used during the signup process i.e creating the Yahoo Account. This step is necessary as because they should confirm that you are a Yahoo account user.

Then click on options for password ***** In this section, you are going to get 3 options: Mobile phone number recovery, Alternative Email Address and finally one of your Secret Questions.

Of the 3 options, only a single option needs to be answered correctly to help you recover the account.

But if you fail to answer one option, try one of the other options.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.