James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Sorry, I'm a slow typer... When I try to open up a message,

Customer Question

Sorry, I'm a slow typer... When I try to open up a message, I get a "File Download - Security Warning" message, and asked if I want to open or save an mso.tmp file. When I use the "open" reply, I get "Can't open this item. The text formatting is not available. It may not be installed correctly. Please install Outlook again. An OLE registration error occurred. The program in not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." This just became new to me a few days ago, and I have no installation disc, and I get a blank when I try to initiate a "System Restart." Can you help?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook 2003, with SP3
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Always on web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only googled a lot and sought answers, but very lengthy and all for nought.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I have no capability to get Help and Support, and Restore
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or Windows 10?

Also, where did you get this "File Download - Security Warning" message? Is it in the web browser or in your MS Outlook 2003?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess