Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an e-mail account, [email protected] which I

Customer Question

I have an e-mail account,***@******.*** which I have used for many years. About a month ago my computer crashed. Once it was restored I was able to re-open the account but all my E-mails were gone. I was working with a tech named Angie. She opened a case #(###) ###-####and she was going to contact me again but I again had computer problems. Once they were resolve I was unable to contact her again and I now have been referred to you for further assistance. Richard Bouchard
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: I only know that I hit my E-mail account and get my new E-mails but cannot retrieve old ones.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser only
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not truly computer savvy so I don't know how to answer.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Try this: go to www.outlook.com

and sign in to your Hotmail account. Select the Deleted Items folder and then click Recover Deleted Items.

A new window will open and Microsoft will begin populating the window with recoverable emails. (attachment below)

This process is not immediate as it takes a while to search the servers so you might want to let it

work for 10 or 15 minutes before checking what it was able to find.

Let me know the result please.