Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I got this message: Someone just used your password to try

Customer Question

I got this message: Someone just used your password ***** try to sign in to your Google Account***@******.***, using an application such as an email client or mobile device.
Details:
Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:31 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
Santa Rosa, CA, USA*
Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: I was at the APPLE store when it came in
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes MAC OS Sierra -
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I have this message and can't get rid of it: There is a problem with the Office database. You must rebut it using database utility. The Office database stores your personal information, such as the Scrapbook and Outlook messages and contacts. To continue, click Rebuild. After the rebuilding process is complete, close the Database Utility. Then the database will be available for your Office applications.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got this message while in the MAC store at the genius bar.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was there because I updated my OS to Sierra and got this message which I have been unable to get rid of. Including calling microsoft. "There is a problem with the Office database. To use the database, you must rebuild it using the Database Utility. The Office database stores your personal information, such as the Scrapbook and Outlook messages and contacts. To continue, click Rebuild. After the rebuilding process is complete, close the Database Utility. Then the database will be available for your Office applications."
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I try to rebuild it, I get a message that it cannot be rebuilt.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I click Cancel on this popup window, it comes right back
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Google treats every application that

is used to log in to Gmail as suspicious. That's why you got the message at the Apple store.

Go to this link in your browser: https://security.google.com and sign in.

Once you're signed in, click Signing in to Google on the left side of the page.

Scroll down to the bottom and set Allow less secure apps: to ON by moving the slider such that it turns blue.

This will turn off the warnings.

If you would like any additional information or assistance,
please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you could, please take a moment
to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submit,
as that is how we are credited with assisting.
It would be much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You didn't address if it was something to be concerned about.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. It is if you didn't sign in. When you were in the Apple store was that you connecting to gmail?

The message comes up when you access Gmail from apps that you don't normally sign in with. If you installed Outlook on a computer and configured your Gmail in the program, Google would generate the same message.