Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Suddenly WLM 2011 would not open. The window came up and the

Customer Question

Suddenly WLM 2011 would not open. The window came up and the circle spun but would not open. I installed WLM 2012, it does the same thing. I can open new contact, new event and new message. I'm working with Windows 7.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I can get around, but I'm a rookie.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Click on WLM on this pc.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried trouble shooting and repair thru change or delete a program. Tried updates but that works for hours with no result at all.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would like to keep my contacts and saved emails, very important to my work.
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Try this:

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R.

The Run box will open. In the text area type: msconfig and click OK.

In the System Configuration windows click the Startup tab at the top. Click Disable All>>>Apply

Then click the Services tab. Put a checkmark in the Hide all Microsoft Services box.

Click Disable All>>>Apply>>>OK and restart the machine.

Log in and give Windows a minute or two to completely start up.

Open Windows Live Mail and let me know the result please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That didn't work either. Window comes up, circle spins, that's it.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Turn the computer off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F8 key (must be done before Windows starts to load)

A black screen will open with advanced startup options. Use the arrow keys to Select Safe Mode With Networking

and press Enter.

Log in and try opening Windows Live Mail.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already did that, same thing. It receives email, I can here the sound when a new email comes in. I can open new email, new event and new contact but it still won't open.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Do you still need help with this problem? I can see that my colleague stepped out so please allow me to help.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess