Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I want to change my phone contact from cell phone to

Customer Question

I want to change my phone contact from cell phone to landline. How do I do that?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: several that don't work
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying to change password. The verification # should come to my home phone(###) ###-####instead the message wants to come to my cell ending in 5713.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not text on wither phone. Any contact we have must be through my email address or my landline phone of(###) ###-#### Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Again, I do not text. All conversations need to go to my landline phone or my gmail account. Those contacts are***@******.*** and(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have I lost you? I click send and nothing happens.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

You cannot change the verification number if you are locked out of the account.

If you could change it, then anyone could do that, and anyone could take over your account.

You must use the verification information that you set up with your account.

It is important to keep the verification information updated so that you can recover the account in the event of being locked out.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.