James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Haven't been able to log in to my gmail email on my computer

Customer Question

Haven't been able to log in to my gmail email on my computer since October 2016. It says Google couldn't verify its me so I can't sign in to this account right now. I put in the verification code sent to my iPhone and to my husbands email and still can't gain access. I do have access on my phone but I want to access it from a computer. I changed my password ***** being scammed in October and can't remember what I changed it to
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: October 2016
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Calling support but don't have access to a pin to speak to anyone and recovery link
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

Sorry to hear about your Email problems. With free email services such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, ETC..., you need to have an alternative email, or cell phone tied to the account, OR know your security questions. Without the above, the account can not be recovered. This is for security reasons since people keep sensitive data in their email.

You MAY be able to change the password ***** your phone, but it will probably ask for the current password.....

Expert:  Tim replied 17 days ago.

I'm sorry for the bad news, but its the truth, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My phone is tied into my gmail acct. and I was under the impression this was going to cost $5. Not $42.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No and I would like my money back