Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I can not access AOL acct. if I delete AOL acct will I lose

Customer Question

I can not access AOL acct. if I delete AOL acct will I lose AOL messages stored in folder on Mac mail?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: For 6 or 7 months. I used AOL via my Mac mail for yr's. Som
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Via Mac mail on laptop, ipad and iPhone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Every thing... I called AOL many times, they can not get me access to my AOL acct. if I delete the AOL acct will I lose all AOL messages stored in my Mac mail acct.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

First off, if you cannot access your AOL account, there is no way for you to delete your AOL account. If you remove the AOL account from your Mail program, yes you will lose all the saved emails.

If you somehow delete the AOL account online, you may or may not lose the emails in your mail application because it depends on which type of mail protocol you used to setup the account. (IMAP or POP3).

But as it stands, if you cannot log into your account, you cannot delete the account.

If you wish, I can remote into your system and help you.

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com