James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have only used my email on my smart phone i want to sign

Customer Question

i have only used my email on my smart phone i want to sign in on a different computer but dont know my password ***** phone number and email listed on the question windows are all my deseased husband email and telephone number that i no longer access why cant you send a forgot password ***** to the account i want to sign into on another computer it is***@******.***
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: att and gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: i have only used email on my smart phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i now want to access email on a lap top
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like my password ***** sent to my email adress***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

the reason that they cant do that is that if i or your worst enemy told google it is my account just send a reset link to this different email address than i would have your account

and there are thousands of people trying to do that to their friends, enemies and lovers every day.

you need to prove that it is your account. That means having access to the phone or email that was in the account BEFORE you lost control over it. or knowing an old password ***** the exact month and date that you created the account.

I can try to help you if you like. but your best bet might be trying to get his old email account opened or seeing if anybody has the old number now who will help you. or just making a new email account.