Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I make my older MSN Premium Mail $9.95/mo.

Customer Question

How do I make my older MSN Premium Mail $9.95/mo. (downloaded from MSN Member Center) show up as a Default Mail Choice? When I set up MSN as my Default Choice within the MSN Settings then it just changes the Mail Default tab to "+" (meaning that I have choose a Default Mail but MSN is not available to choose. I have a Surface Book Aniversary Edition (12/01/16) and MSN was my Default Choice until I upgraded the system on 12/15/16 KB3206632, then it no longer was available as System - Default Apps as an Email tab Choice. The MSN program is in C: Program Files (x86). I also use older Internet Explore and it is in the same (x86) File and it is available as a Default Choice on the Browsers tab. The Upgrade changed something!
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Microsoft
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through the MSN program that is also a web browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried everything including Surface help but they did not seem familiar with MSN.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck