flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I HAVE A YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT. I LOST THE PASSWORD AND CANNOT

Customer Question

I HAVE A YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT. I LOST THE PASSWORD ***** CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAILS. IN TRYING TO RECOVER PASSWORD, I DISCOVERED AN OLD PHONE NUMBER IS ***** NEED HELP TO RECCONECT MY YAHOO ACCOUNT.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: 2 DAYS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO. WE WERE TRYING TO SET UP A NEW BUSINESS FACEBOOK (REMOTE) AND COULD NOT REM
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS:***@******.***. CANNOT RESET OR REMEMBER PASSWORD. HELP!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

i can help and sometimes i am succesful

but it all comes down to whether you have a way to prove to the yahoo computer that you own the account

that usually means having access to the phone number or alternate email that you originally set up with the account.

if you don't have either it is very difficult . about the only way to do it is get the company to reopen your old email account or hope somebody has your old phone number and if you call them they will be nice enough to give you the code yahoo sends.