flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I am a sales rep and I have all of my customers in my

Customer Question

I am a sales rep and I have all of my customers in my address book. I send periodic emails regarding my line and prices to my customers. Since I have so many, I have them in groups. i.e.. Bungalow 5 stocking, Bungalow 5 A, Bungalow 5 B etc. When I delete contacts from my address book, they are still appearing in my group emails. I cannot keep track of all the people I deleted and so I receive emails from my accounts saying please don't send emails to the respective people I deleted and it causes some problems. No clue what to do.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: my email is gmail. my email is***@******.***
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I install all updates that appear on my computer
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

i am not sure why that is happening. perhaps a bug with gmail. i can't find anything that says whether it should delete automatically from groups when the contact is deleted

what i can tell you is that it is pretty easy to remove it from the groups right before you delete it, which should solve your problem in the future

select contacts

The list of contacts displays on the right side of the window. Find the contact that you want to remove from a group or switch from one group to another. Hover the cursor in front of the contact's name and click in the box that appears.

Now click the "Change Groups" icon in the upper right side of the window. If the contact is in an existing group, it will be checked as shown in the image. To remove the contact from a group, click on the group name and the check will disappear.

When finished, click anywhere in an empty part of the window (gray). Gmail will briefly display a message confirming the change you have just made, and return to the contact list.

then delete the contact.