Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have purchased ipad air 2 it was working very good but one

Customer Question

I have purchased ipad air 2 it was working very good but one morning it told me ipad is disabled connect to itunes but when I do it asked me my passcode where do I find that
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: telstr
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: go to it itune and follow instructions I get so far then it asked me my passcode before I can use itune but i cannot find my passcode, it was set up ina telstra store I have no Idea
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. It's the passcode / password ***** you entered when you set up your iPad. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, you can try the solution below if you did set up iCloud on your iPad previously:

1. Go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. Sign in your Apple ID account.
  3. Click option All Devices at the top.
  4. Select the iPad device, if it's there.
  5. Wait a bit, and if it finds your iPad (if it does not show Offline), then click Erase... and confirm in order to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Once that is done, follow the setup instructions on the iPad screen, and when prompted, select the option to Restore from iCloud, or set up as new.

Besides the iPad tablet, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

- If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, if you have one, so that I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,