Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Oh, dear... several of my folders have disappeared, like

Customer Question

Oh, dear... several of my folders have disappeared, like Sent, Archives (and many of the Local Folders in which I stored correspondence, and even Trash. Is there a way of reclaiming? I seem to have not noticed "immediately" when it happened (just thought the folders went 'dark'), but does seem to have (possibly) occurred with the last Thunderbird Update. Thanks, Pearl.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Sympatico, a section of Bell (Bell Aliant in Nova Scotia Canada)
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Via Google Chrome
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No, no.... I am assuming this to be true... GC is my go-to browser. I am not a techie, and don't have a clue as to how to begin.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of... but sure don't want to loose the bit I have left, given I am doing an online course and it is 'source'... :-/
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

While I cannot promise that I can rescue your emails, I could still remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze what the problem is for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen. Maybe we find out that it is recoverable. This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck