Michael
Michael, Computer Software Consultant
Experience:  Computer Software Consultant
96232434

I can't remember my password and won't let me change, I

Customer Question

I can't remember my password ***** won't let me change
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I can't remember but now says i am blocked as tried password ***** many times
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Originaly through web browser but tied to access through phone but can't
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I followed the instructions that microsoft gave and filled out form but get reply insurficient information and to contact email provider
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is pritty much it
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Let me know which account password ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The email is***@******.***

do you have access to your email with gmail

[email protected]

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No i don't believe that is my account, i tried that but the phone number last 2 digits is not mine

let me know your phone number

i will check if that is linked to your account or not

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok***********
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't believe my number to be linked.

yes you are correct the number is ***** linked

further since you dont recognise that gmail email id there is a possibility that your account might have been hacked

Your email address might have been hacked due to a low complexity password.
Hotmail offers very limited options for password *****

as you have already filled up the form for account recovery, then the last option would be to send an email to***@******.***

need to mention your email id, password, your name, phone address details, recently mailed contacts details etc
the more info you provide the better so that hotmail team can be sure that you are the actual owner of this mail
once you send in the mail, you need to wait for the hotmail team's response.

in such a case my suggestion would be to also switch over to an alternate email with yahoo, gmail, aol etc as per your choice for the time that hotmail team processes your request

unfortunately since the alternate email or phone is not matching with the ones in hotmails record, we have to just wait for hotmails response

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your advice, will this job still be left open?

you may complete the rating for my service if your question has been answered by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry but as far as i am concerned it is not finished and have not really resolved my problem
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Michael , an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered. But let me first read the notes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi ok thanks appreciate it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like my deposit to be refunded, i have gone elsewhere to resolve my problem