Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

I want to download AOL Desktop version 9.8.2 and it appears

Customer Question

I want to download AOL Desktop version 9.8.2 and it appears I'm forced to download AOL's new desktop called BETA, which I just uninstalled because I can't stand it. Do I have to download from a 3rd party and get other stuff they force on me? Do you have a suggestion for me, because I'm not a computer person.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account? I'm the Email Technician's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: AOL stopped working on my main computer about 6 months ago. It failed by not coming up when my accounting program accessed it to send a pdf file by email. I had to switch my work to a backup computer, but I'd like to get things back to normal. This is what I've done so far: I hired a tech guy who came to my house and had much difficulty downloading AOL after uninstalling it. I paid him and he left. He couldn't get aol to open normally, and when it did open it was after 3-4 minutes. But the accounting program still didn't connect when I needed to send a file. On my other computer, this connection is automatic and requires me to do nothing.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I access it on my backup computer [which is now turning out to be my working computer], through aol desktop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Deleting AOL entirely and downloading and reinstalling, but it doesn't work on my main computer. Even the tech guy couldn't make it work correctly! I'd like it to work as a desktop on this computer, on which it has worked previously for more than 5 years.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes: Where can I get the older version of AOL [9.8.2] ?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 18 days ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You can download the AOL 9.8 version from the link below. Make sure you have uninstalled any other versions of AOL you have before doing so.

https://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be glad to answer your follow ups. If not please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.