Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am receiving spam emails at my account which are addressed

Customer Question

I am receiving spam emails at my***@******.*** account which are addressed to:***@******.***
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: gmail
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, how do I install an update to my gmail account?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also receiving about 20 spam emails a day from one source at***** Baltimore.
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Gmail account.

When did the problem start?

May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problems started about 3 months ago I now get about 20 + spam emails a day from***** Baltimore. I would like to cut out the heart of these dirt bags and prosecute them. I would prefer you gave me written instructions on the correction procedure, rather than connecting to my iMac. I have an iMac, OS X El, 10.11.6, with my gmail address.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

It may be a little tricky to do so on your own but you need to set a filter from this page:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/filters

Add a filter from any address to***@******.*** and have it sent to trash or spam automatically.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Martin:
Thanks for your help. The filter works and sends all the spam emails directly to my Trash folder. Are these emails in Trash any potential problem? Is there a way just to simple delete them with the filter so they don't go into the Trash?
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

No they're no problem, they get deleted after some time on their own - it wont clog your email account up if that's what you're worried about.