James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Trio tablet model AXS-4g; Have 2 yahoo e-mail accounts.

Customer Question

Trio tablet model AXS-4g; Have 2 yahoo e-mail accounts. Changed password ***** both and went into settings and first account took change with no problem. Second account would not take new password. Wrote down all settings from both accounts (they were the same) and deleted second account and then tried to rebuild second account with copied settings. Keeps telling me name or password ***** (Account works fine on other computers.) Will not allow me to re-add second account no matter if I use quick steps or build manually. ??? Jan Grissim-Staib(###) ###-#### Purchased Dec 2104 with 5 yrs tech support.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: It's not with yahoo account; can't add account to unit.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, just changing passwords at yahoo's suggestion for all e-mail accounts
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 18 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 18 days ago.

Please login to www.yahoo.com using the info for the account that you are having trouble with. Click on the icon or photo with your name under it (in upper right hand corner). Next click on ACCOUNT MANAGER. On the next page that appears please click ACCOUNT SECURITY. Please scroll down and turn on "ALLOW APPS THAT USE LESS SECURE SIGN-IN", then check to see if you are able to add the account. Please let me know the results. Thank you!