James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am able to receive email on my Mac but not able to send

Customer Question

I am able to receive email on my Mac but not able to send email by replying or composing.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: model # SNPRH-080301
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I dp jave a Ipad and use both the laptop and Ipad to access. I have been
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried going to mail preferences and then my account. The incoming messages are Imap but the outgoing have none checked and the only choice is
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't what else to tell you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if you are able to send emails fine from your iPad and does this just affect your Mac?

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send emails from my Ipad.

Thank you. How do you access the emails on your Mac, is that via Outlook or another program?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I go to google chrome and choose mail and it loads my email

OK, and when you do that, you cannot send emails as well? What error is it giving to you when you are trying to do that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It tells me I don't have a designated server chosen for outgoing mail.

Thank you. To really see what is going on: may I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I think about that and reconnect with you tomorrow afternoon?

Yes, of course, I am here almost each day again now (just my first working day this year). So just reply here once again if you are ready, I am positive I can fix this for you within about 1 hour of a remote session. The fee is a fixed one, regardless how long it takes and if I cannot solve the issue, you can get a refund as well, so nothing to lose. Just let me know and accept the offer when you are ready to go. I am available now and also tomorrow, whatever you wish. Thank you :)