James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Firstly everytime I get in touch with Microsoft?? I am

Customer Question

Firstly everytime I get in touch with Microsoft?? I am unable to understand what they are saying and then I am told that it is going to cost me money to get any help. Am I REALLY talking to Microsoft or someone else???
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: It is hotmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have a lap top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had better explain that I am not very computer wise so I do not understand a lot of the computer talk.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Up until April 2016 I had no trouble with my computer/emails getting thrugh in or out, but then a technician from Telstra came to fix up my main computer and connefted my laptop to Telstra saying that was better for me. but then I was still having trouble with my main computer and asked for Telstra to disconnect my lap top from their main line and I wanted it back to my Dongle but ever since I am unable to get my emails in or out but when I ring Telstra I a unable to understand what they are telling me and I have given up. My lap top keeps asking for my account no and I am being given a code no from Microsoft which I am unable to put into my lap top and I do not know what else to do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

So to understand correctly you want to receive the same emails that you receive on your main computer to be on your laptop as well and it's asking for a product key for office?

I'm going to opt out as I will not be available for a couple of hours but I believe another expert will assist you when you are ready.

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 month ago.

Hello, you've reached Just Answer. We are an independent company providing tech support on various products. To reach Microsoft:

Online support: support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Phone Support: 1-***-***-****

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I do NOT want any connection of my lap top to Telstra. This is when my troubles started. I was not told that if I wanted to take my lap top with me if we started travelling around, that we would need to leave our electricity on (which we do not) so that we could be connected and able to use my lap top for emails. That is no use to us. That is what we have the Dongle for. I have been to a Telstra store but do not seem to be able to get them to understand that I do NOT want to be connected through the other computer but it just does not seem to be getting through. I can get through to Google but not the emails. Can you do something without it costing me more and more and more money (which we do not have to spare) I am using my main computer at the moment not my lap top.
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 month ago.

You've reached Just Answer. Is that who you're trying to reach or someone else?

Expert:  Yvette replied 1 month ago.

We are not Telstra nor are we Microsoft.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to speak to someone from Microsoft to get my emails up please
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 month ago.

To reach Microsoft please use contact information below:

Phone Support: 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will try that no Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Yvette replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer!