Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

I upgraded from windows 7 64 bit home premium to Windows 64

Customer Question

I upgraded from windows 7 64 bit home premium to Windows 64 bit ultimate on my laptop, now I cannot install windows live essentials mail 2012
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: a fair bit
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Icon on desktop or start menu
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have backed up all my windows live essential 2012 emails
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hi Sandy, I upgraded from windows 7 64 bit home premium to windows ultimate 64 bit on my laptop, now I cannot install windows live essentials 2012 mail
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

May I know what error message do you get while installing Windows live essentials.

If it possible that it is already installed on the computer,

Please follow the steps:

Please click the Start button and then in the search box, please type windows live mail

And check if you find it listed there.

If yes, click Windows Live mail and check your emails.

Else, configure it.

If this does not resolve the issue, please reply back to me.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I get error code when trying to install windows live essentials 2012 Mail Error: 0x80040705
Source: dotNet40
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I downloaded windows live essentials 2012 from Microsoft.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
When I type windows live mail in the start menu it says Go online to get windows live essentials
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

Download this utility: Windows Installer Clean Up <Removed> it's a free version, install it and then run it, look at the list of the programs and select the program that you are trying to install (in our case here select all what begins with: Windows Live and also select Microsoft Silverlight and you can multi select using Ctrl key) and press Clean. It will take about 5 ~ 10 minutes to clear all the stored info in the Windows Installer database, after it finishes you can close the tool, run the setup again.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just ran Windows Installer Clean Up, I will try an install windows 2012 live essentials again now
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

okay, go ahead and try to install now. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It still will not install, I have disabled Norton Security, It says cannot install, Error: 0x80040705
Source: dotNet40
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

Please again run Windows installer clean up tool and find silverlight under it and remove them all.

You can please go though this discussion forum once:

Click Me

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I ran clean up tool again, tried to install 2012 windows essentials again, it will not install, I get same errors Error: 0x80040705
Source: dotNet40
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Windows Essentials 2011 will not install at all
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I might try and download to windows home premium 64 bit again to get my email working
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

I suggest you to install Mozilla Thunderbird(email client) and configure your email using that.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can I reload my backed up email from windows essentials 2012 to thunderbird?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am going to downgrade to windows 7 home premium 64 bit again where windows 2012 essentials worked fine, could I please have a refund for the money taken out of my visa card ?
Expert:  Sandy replied 18 days ago.

I will help you over secure remote session tomorrow. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and Windows Live Essentials is installing ok on it, I can now use my email again, and recover the backup of Windows Live Mail 2012 before I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I was wondering if I could have a refund back onto my visa card.
Expert:  Sandy replied 17 days ago.

I tried my best and provided the best possible steps to resolve the issue. Also, I suggested Mozilla Thunderbird as an alternative way to resolve the issue. I hope you recognize my efforts.

I'm glad to know that Windows Live essentials is working fine using the windows home premium.

If you have other queries, please let me know.

Thank you, ***** *****