James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I think I made a mistake and somehow got the wrong return. I

Customer Question

I think I made a mistake and somehow got the wrong return. I wanted the Turbo Tax 2016 Deluxe download but got the Turbo Tax Deluxe 2015 by mistake----can you help me out of this mess. Eldon Halverson ***** S Shelby, MT 59474 Email=***@******.***
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: 3 rivers communications in Fairfield, MT. Firefox.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none yet, but I already had 2015 filed last year so I need 2016 Turbo Tax Deluxe please.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can we switch Turbo Tax Deluxe 2015 for Turbo Tax Deluxe 2016 somehow?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 23 days ago.

You would have to contact the vendor for this. I can't imagine they wouldn't exchange it. Insist that they provide a shipping label for a free return. I find it surprising that they would even sell Turbo Tax Deluxe 2016. Were the product properly designed, it would have a couple of "shims" that enable it to be updated year by year as the forms are changed one iota at a time. The very notion that they sell a 2016 version that is separate and distinct from the 2015 version leads one to conclude that it is, shall we say, shady. But that is strictly IMHO.