ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

A MESSAGE FROM GOOGLE THAT i HAVE 2 VIRUSES AND TO CLICK TO

Customer Question

iM GETTING A MESSAGE FROM GOOGLE THAT i HAVE 2 VIRUSES AND TO CLICK TO REMOVE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS FROM GOOGLE AND SAFE TO APPLY
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: OUTLOOK
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: THIS CASE ITS MY i PHONE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Email
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

From your description, it sounds like the message IS NOT from Google. Google does not offer to remove viruses for you.

Can you tell me a bit more about the message and what it looks like? What were you doing exactly when you got the message?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has your google logo and said we have detected 2 terrible viruses that will distort you documents and photos in 4 minutes ( active timer) counting down
And chick here to remedy the virus
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

Okay, thank you.

That absolutely IS NOT a message from Google. There are a number of scams like that where scammer will create pop ups that appear to be from Google or Microsoft or some other legitimate company. Usually they are trying to get you to download something harmful to your device or they are trying to get you to call a phone number, at which point they'll try to sell you an expensive "support" package.

You want to simply close out messages like this when you get them. And if they lock your device up and don't allow you to close it out, then shut the device down completely and start it back up.

Let me know what other questions on you have on this.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, then please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to end out session for today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was on stumble upon when it happenedI take it google wouldn't be detecting viruses and wouldn't cure them either
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

I see we were typing at the same time. If you didn't see my last response, I'll repost:

Okay, thank you. That absolutely IS NOT a message from Google. There are a number of scams like that where scammer will create pop ups that appear to be from Google or Microsoft or some other legitimate company. Usually they are trying to get you to download something harmful to your device or they are trying to get you to call a phone number, at which point they'll try to sell you an expensive "support" package. You want to simply close out messages like this when you get them. And if they lock your device up and don't allow you to close it out, then shut the device down completely and start it back up. Let me know what other questions on you have on this. NOTE: If you have no further questions, then please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to end out session for today.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

No problem, happy to help.

There are a lot of scams out there. Always use caution if you're not sure about something.

If you have no further questions, please just rate the answer for me to end our session.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me?