flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I want to keep certain emails from my Junk box on

Customer Question

I want to keep certain emails from my Junk box on hotmail.com. When I try to block they come back in a day or two. One I keep getting is Justin Brandt<*****@******.***. I don't want to receive his email as usually language I don't appreciate. Please help me. Thanks.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: For quite a while. Others I try to block says 'not addressed correctly" and then I send to Phishing Scam.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Apple PC on home wireless
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I keep blocking most emails in my Junk folder but Justin Brand keeps coming back to my in-box. Don't know what troule shooting to try.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

what is happening is that he has faked his email address and you can't block it because the one that is listed as coming from is not the real one

about the only thing that you can do is make a filter or rule that looks for something in the email such as his name and automatically deletes it as soon as it comes in

I can log in and do that for you but there is an additional charge.

or i can get you a page that gives instructions for creating rules or filters.