B. Rath
B. Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My Outlook app is no longer synching with my PC-based

Customer Question

My Outlook app is no longer synching with my PC-based Outlook.com when I delete an email off the Outlook app.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: since around October.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: about half on the web browser, and half on the iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checking to see if it's set up for IMAP, which it is. I understood that IMAP was all you needed to do. I remember that some Outlook.com upgrade took place in October. Could that be a cause of the loss of function?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, how much will it cost me ?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  B. Rath replied 1 month ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Just to clarify, what's the version of Outlook, e.g. 2010, 2013, you are using?

Please reply at the box below, and then we will continue further.

Expert:  B. Rath replied 1 month ago.

To resolve this issue, you will need to delete your existing IMAP account in Outlook first, and then add back the Outlook.com account one more time by filling in your email address and password ***** allowing Outlook to automatically configure the account as an EXCHANGE account. This will then sync your account correctly with Outlook.com, including when deleting emails. None of your email data will be lost when deleting and adding back the account either.

Please keep me posted on the results below; I'll be here. Thank you.