James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Have an old email that haven't used in a couple years or so

Customer Question

Have an old email that haven't used in a couple years or so***@******.*** and need to forward to my current***@******.***. It's important because the blog was using and I can't figure how to get into this account.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: NO
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: online and its the one I use on the phone***@******.***
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, just found out this problem when I wanted to edit our blog
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but need to forward stuff from***@******.*** to my current
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 23 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

There might possibly be a simple remedy for the problem of accessing your older (videolocators) email: try logging in to it, on a computer that is not configured to use the other email account (eburnssr)!

That may avoid a great many obstacles, confusion with passwords, password ***** that might perhaps go to the eburnssr account mistakenly and unintentionally, etc.

Try a library computer, perhaps? and try logging in to videolocators with a web browser, there? or some such arrangement but a more private computer, in case you regard videolocators as a crucial account security-wise.

Let me know what you think of this... and whether there is a problem, e.g. you have forgotten the email account's password *****? or something like that. And I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I want to access a gmail account, not another system?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Come on is this the trick take advantage on the free account side??
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Isn't initial objective is solve the problem then convert?

I don't know what you are asking about.

You need to access your older account, right? on handhelds, particularly, and also with some email access on some computers, the fact that you use a newer GMail account could confuse and impede the process no end! I'm trying to caution you against the wrong approach.

I suggest you use your own computer - not a handheld - and try logging in to the older GMail account using a web browser program NOT Outlook etc.

Unless you normally use a web browser when on your computer to access the newer GMail account.

Let me know what needs to be cleared up about this. I'll explain as needed.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Solve the free problem then maybe buy

If this applies to the situation:

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm on my laptop now & U want me to go to another?

The question about your laptop is, how do you normally access your NEWER email/GMail account (eburnssr) on that laptop?