Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been logged out of my email for some time, my ex

Customer Question

I have been logged out of my email for some time, my ex girlfriend has a hold of it and has changed all my settings so I'm not able to get into my email
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser. but my ex changed my password ***** all my settings and my security questions
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: what is that
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have access to the phone number or any of the information that is on***@******.*** because my ex girlfriend has a hold of my account and she changed everything
Category: Email
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, I hear this all the time. So much for trust.

Also unfortunately, your ISP or e-mail provider won't be willing to help you. You starkly violated the terms of your account holder's agreement by giving ANYONE ELSE your password.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what do i do

Well, some people unconcerned with computer security ethics might go ahead and commandeer HER account, and maybe you could reach an agreement.

But you should be able to go to gmail.com and try to recover your account--if she isn't CURRENTLY logged in. Does she know the answers to your security questions? LET'S HOPE NOT. And NOW we learn a lesson about women: trust ONLY your own mother and grandmother. See Ecclesiastes 7:26 for King Solomon's views on the matter.