Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

LI received an email (looks like it's from Verizon)

Customer Question

lI received an email (looks like it's from Verizon) indicating that my email account is frozen --it is in closure. The email asks me to "click here". Is this really from Verizon, and not a "virus"?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: Verizon.net
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my computer, but also my phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I simp[ly read the email and then tried (Four times!) to call Verizon, but after the preliminary info is exchanged, the phone line goes strangely quiet. I still am using my cellphone calling Verizon, but it's been quite for 9 minutes now!
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No; he can access my computer, if he would like to see the email for himself.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is certainly a fake message. Please always ignore any email message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting. If your email account is frozen, that means you won't be able to access / receive new emails at all, but if your email is currently working, then it's fine.

- Is there currently any issue with your email or with your computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Scammers send out fake email messages in order to get your money and/or your email account password ***** other personal information in order to do frauds. This is call phishing email messages. You should always ignore any email message or popup message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- For full detailed information about fake / phishing email message, please click on the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/phishing-symptoms.aspx

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,