Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience
8685120

Not email, a techinogini told me I had a virus and was from

Customer Question

Not email, a techinogini told me I had a virus and was from Windows.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: AOL
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: WEb broser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just wonder if Windows will contact me on my computer to advise I needed to have them clean up virus.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wonder if I were spammed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

This mostly is a scam message.I need more details to confirm it.

Are you getting a phone number in the message to call them also does it say they are from Microsoft or Windows support?

On which web browser are you seeing this message,Is it edge, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other?

Thank you

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for asking your question today.

No, Windows will not contact you to tell you that you have viruses that need to be removed.

This is a known scam that is more common these days. If they gained access to your computer, please let me know. If you paid them money for a cleaning or virus removal service, usually a ridiculous amount of money, please contact the credit card company for a refund.

It is good that you came here to find out about it hopefully before they did anything to your computer.

Please let me know if I have answered your question today.

Expert:  Cory replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any other questions for me today?

If not please use the stars to rate my answer above.

Thank you,

Cory