Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

All of a sudden, I cannot send e-mail -- I can receive it,

Customer Question

all of a sudden, I cannot send e-mail -- I can receive it, but I can no longer send it. A window comes up regarding SMTP settings, but I've checked them and I never changed them. Once it asked for a password, which I typed in and thought it was fixed, but it's not. This has happened before.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Probably the last time I had this problem, which was at least a couple of years ago.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I only do my email on my laptop computer, using Thunderbird (instead of AT&T/Yahoo, which is way too busy).
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked at the settings, to make sure my SMTP was set properly, and it was. I didn't know what else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing other than trying to figure out whether the problem rests with Thunderbird, AT&T, or Yahoo.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you use yahoo email or att email or sbcglobal email, etc.?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 7, AT&T

Thank you. Do you remember your exact email password? (It is case-sensitive.)

Is your email password ***** working at the att.net website (or at the yahoo.com website)?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6fb0e37d-d345-406c-9b15-42999a781335
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,