Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

While I can still access my yahoo mail via Outlook on my

Customer Question

While I can still access my yahoo mail via Outlook on my iPhone and iPad, I can no longer do so on my Dell / Microsoft 10 desktop.........Been all fine for the past year. Just today this problem popped up. Trying to repair my Yahoo account setup within Outlook on my Desktop, I keep getting a message saying Yahoo does not recognize or accept my username and password........Yet I am using the same username and password ***** my iPhone and iPad Outlook app..........What can I do?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Just the last day
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Pretty heavily on all three......my iphone, my iPad and my desktop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The repair function within the Account Settings drop down within Outlook on my Desktop........Again, all remains well using Outlook on my iPhone and iPad. Its doing the same via my desktop that Yahoo for some reason is rejecting.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is it
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble with your Outlook. I will do my best to help you. Can you please click the link below from your computer and try to login with the user name and password ***** you are using on your phone. Please let me know whether you are able to login or not.

https://mail.yahoo.com/

Expert:  bbao replied 5 months ago.

Are you able to access your Yahoo contacts on the phone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can access my Yahoo contacts on my iPhone and iPad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is happening now?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. It's Alison. I am back now. I do apologize for keeping you waiting. I had a temporary issue with my internet access.

Can you please click the link below from your computer and try to login with the user name and password ***** you are using on your phone. Please let me know whether you are able to login or not.

https://mail.yahoo.com/?

If you would still like remote access, please request it again. Unfortunately your first request timed out while I was having internet issues. As soon as you accept, I can connect to your computer and work on this while you watch.