Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

I use office 365 for Mac and on my outlook one of my email

Customer Question

I use office 365 for Mac and on my outlook one of my email accounts is an IMAP- when I try to drag and drop an email from my inbox to a favorite folder it will on copy it to the folder not move it.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: months I also have an exchange account for one of my emails and it does not have that problem
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Mostly thru and Imac computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NOT MUCH
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

in Outlook 2013, there are Search Options (File - Options - Search) that are different from previous versions of Outlook. By default it it set to "Include results only from: 'Current folder. Current mailbox when searching from the inbox'." Changing that setting to be "Include results only from: 'Current folder' should solve the problem. The issue occurs when you have more than one folder included in search - it will appear to NOT move the email when you drag and drop because the destination is also in the search results. Let me know if that corrects the issue or if you need additional help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I go to file there is no options in the drop down
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no I don't need securely remote
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I Am in Outlook from Offie 365
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is anybody there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am very disappointed with this service- I still have not received a response and you have taken the money-